Skip to main content

Sweet William

Sometimes when I get really anxious, I think that I'm a movie character. For some reason, I suspect that this must have always been the case.

Somehow, it's better being nobody than anybody. You just get to feel out of yourself and observe everything. Makes you see clearer. Makes you think less. Makes you appreciate the tiny little drops of French wine swirling in your glass. Makes your glass of wine less fragile.

I cannot freak out anymore. The shoelaces of my glutamate receptors are untied already. What I fear the most, then, is being the bad version of myself. Like sticking a knife into a stranger's carotid. Or stealing a young woman's bag. Or suffocating a little kid, who's lost the sense of time and screams.

I now drink shots to my lost moments of sobriety. When there wasn't the fear of withdrawal. Withdrawal from this unfair game, where the good ones are those who are tortured the most. I was once told that the stronger your conscience, the more weight you carry onto your shoulders. Maturity leads to goodness, though goodness leads to an endless, vicious circle of anxiety. Like a Siren taking control of every single neuron of your brain.

Then, I feel frustrated. I watch really bad people getting away with their indecency. I watch every single detail. Every single movement of their hair seems to be perilous. I must survive when they attack me.

I'm terrified that I'll end up lurching under the vague red lights, having emptied every single bottle of whiskey inside my interminable source of anger. I have my last sip at dawn. My shirt is partly torn off by my dagger of despair.

The vacant seat stands still for some milliseconds. It's expecting my last poetic exhalation. I'm lost in the smoke. I grieve for my lost inspiration. My unexploited flashes of imagination. My unexpressed feelings all sewn into a never existent mosaic.

My sweet William's smell gets rapidly dispersed towards all directions. Its smell traverses through the walls of society's rigidness.

Then, I read an article about drug tolerance. I think about nature and nurture. How I reached the point that I beguile my own body into believing that a cure exists. And then... I just relapse.

Anger was never a typical feeling of mine. I always covered it. Until I thought of the reason of its existence. The reason of my existence. I'm here and now, registering every single detail of the moments I'm not me. Of the moments they're not them. Of the trust I didn't retrieve in life.

I just wanna understand how this river flows without wondering how I want to float on it. How not to be drowned by self-guilt and humiliation.

I'm here to write down every single moment worth mentioning. Every bad thought, memory, moment and feeling.

If you have ever felt unseen, believe me, I feel you. If you feel like time flies and you're not true to yourself anymore, I can empathize. And if you end up being a main character in my stories, don't wonder why.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Διαβάσατε, πετύχατε, σπουδάστε

«Τι θες να σπουδάσεις;» μια από τις χαρακτηριστικότερες ερωτήσεις σε μαθητές λυκείου. Οι απαντήσεις ποικίλλουν με συνηθέστερες τις «Δεν ξέρω» ή «Ζαμπονοκοπτική με λέιζερ» ή «Θα με ενδιέφερε να σπουδάσω αυτό αλλά δεν είμαι και σίγουρος…». Στην ιδανικότερη περίπτωση θα βρεις κάποιον που όντως θα σου πει «Θέλω να σπουδάσω αυτό». «Και μετά τις σπουδές τι;». Εδώ τα πράγματα γίνονται πιο δύσκολα. «Δεν έχω ιδέα» ή «Θα ακολουθήσω τη δουλεία των δικών μου» ή «Θα πάω έξω». Οι απαντήσεις, λοιπόν, είναι άγνοια , «κονέ» ,   brain drain . Ακόμη, όμως, πιο άξιο απορίας είναι το εξής: Γιατί να σπουδάσεις; Οι σπουδές, αρχικά, συνιστούν σπουδαίο προαπαιτούμενο για την άσκηση ενός επαγγέλματος. Κακά τα ψέματα για να γίνεις δικηγόρος θα πρέπει να σπουδάσεις νομική. Για να ασχοληθείς με την τεχνητή νοημοσύνη θα πρέπει να σπουδάσεις στο πολυτεχνείο. Σ’ αυτές, και σε άλλες παρόμοιες περιπτώσεις, η εξειδίκευση είναι αναγκαία. Για να ασχοληθείς με επιστημονικά επαγγέλματα, που είναι τόσο περιζήτητ...

Χόρχε

Εκείνο το δειλινό στο Κουκάκι  που σκηνοθέτησα μονάχα για μας με φεγγάρι λειψό εσύ δε φάνηκες. Οι μικροί χωρισμοί μας τρυπούσαν την ύπαρξη εκεί που πονά τον καθένα - σε ξέχωρα σημεία. Ήρθε η στιγμή που ο έρωτας μου για σε είναι το μόνο τεκμήριο που μπορεί να μ'ελευθερώσει. Να μ'ελευθερώσει από κάθε αμφιβολία από κάθε δισταγμό για να αγαπώ που μέσα στο χρόνο στο νου μου έχει ριζώσει. Ο φόβος σου είναι η μόνη λύση ώστε  μια ψυχή από μετάξι να μην προφτάσει να φθαρεί. Για κάθε λοιπόν άμυνα που πέφτει για κάθε σεντούκι στην ψυχή μου κλειστό που θα ανοίγω σου είμαι ευγνώμων.

Το υπέρτατο πολιτικό reality

Από το Survivor του 2017 ως και το Master Chef του 2019, η ελληνική τάση προς τα reality είναι γεγονός. Το Survivor , μάλιστα, υπήρξε πρωτοπόρο για την περίοδο που βγήκε καθώς διαδέχθηκε «μεγάλα» reality παλιότερων καιρών όπως το Big Brother . Κι άπαξ και πούλησε αυτό, αφήσαμε την φαντασία των παραγωγών να οργιάσει: από τις εξωτικές παραλίες του Αγίου Δομίνικου βρεθήκαμε στις περίφημες ζούγκλες των Φιλιππινών, από αυτές στις τσαχπίνικες πασαρέλες του Next T op Model και στα θαυμαστά περίχωρα του Ναυπλίου με το Power O f Love . Το πραγματικό reality , ωστόσο, παίζεται στο ξακουστό Σύνταγμα από… μόλις 300 συντελεστές. Ας το απολαύσουμε… 9 Μαΐου 2019: εποικοδομητικότατη συζήτηση μεταξύ του νυν και μέλλοντα (;) πρωθυπουργού. Ο δεύτερος, στον ρόλο του θύτη, σθεναρά αναφέρει: «Αυτές οι περιοδείες στην Ήπειρο και στην Άρτα έγιναν για έναν και μόνο λόγο. Επειδή γνωρίζατε ότι η επικαιρότητα ασχολιόταν με άλλα θέματα. Γιατί το ηθικό σας πλεονέκτημα, Κύριε Τσίπρα, βούλιαξε στα γαλ...